Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Sonya Dakar's New Must-Have Supplements - StyleList

Must-have supplements from Sonya Dakar -- everything you need to look and feel gorgeous. Photo courtesy of Sonya Dakar.When I first met celebrity aesthetician Sonya Dakar, she spent equal parts of our meeting sternly lecturing me on the dangers of my Diet Coke addiction as she did beautifying my skin. I almost cried. My colleague actually did. During her session with Dakar, she was informed she had the worst skin among all of the beauty editors (talk about humiliation!). But Dakar gave her some products, and they worked. Dakar's brutal honesty is refreshing, because she gets results. That's why even the most coddled celebs visit her to get harsh critiques of their lifestyle habits. So when Dakar tells me she's launching a line of nutritional products that encapsulates over 30 years of the advice she's been feather extension doling out, I listen."I believe beauty truly starts from the inside out," says Dakar, "and I've always instructed my clients on how to take care of themselves. This is an extension of that."(No surprise, her client Gwyneth Paltrow is a fan – she already bought a three-month supply.)Here's how you can take Dakar's advice -- literally.Remember Your Fish Oil Among other supplements, Dakar's Perfect Women packets ($98 for a one-month supply) include essential omega fatty acids, extracted from cold water fish unexposed to pesticides. Jeffrey Morrison, a nutritionist in New York City, believes there's real value in this supplement. "Omega fatty acids function like a moisturizer from the inside out," he says. Get on the Acidophilus Bandwagon: "I was talking about acidophilus 30 years ago Feather hair and people looked at me like I was from Mars!" says Dakar. "Now it's a buzzword." (Hello, Activia?!)Dakar says that her Acidophilus Flora supplements ($44 for a one-month supply) help one feel less sluggish, and can even make eyes less puffy and skin less dull.Morrison also backs up the importance of acidophilus."It aids in the absorption of foods and nutrients, so it makes foods more nutritious."Pop a Vitamin E: Also in the Perfect Women packs, the vitamin E supplement is extremely beneficial to both your inner and outer health. Dakar says the antioxidant reduces inflammation, and Morrison adds that it actually acts as a mild SPF, helping reduce sun damage. Snack Smart: Dakar's Ultima Power shakes ($59 for 30 shakes), available in chocolate, vanilla Hair extensions and strawberry, pack about 160 calories, approximately 15 grams of protein and over one-third of your daily nutritional requirements. "And they don't taste or smell like protein shakes!" says Dakar.They're also low fat and enriched with biotin (amazing for your hair), which may have something to do with why beauty editors keep phoning Dakar's office for refills."They think I'm running some kind of juice bar," says Dakar (with a laugh, of course).

No comments:

Post a Comment